Digital storytelling is certainly a new and modern way to look at and present information. Digital storytelling is important in a number of fields, such as business, education, technology, and entertainment. Digital storytelling presents information in an exciting way and with so much information in the world, it becomes necessary to be creative in order to gain an audience and keep the audience engaged. Using audio is often a part of digital storytelling which can help to capture an audience. Audio has become increasingly popular in our society, especially with the use of mp3 players. Today, music is able to be downloaded on phones and listened to. Our technology has certainly come a long way from Walkman's.
I think that teaching incorporates a lot of digital storytelling. As mentioned before in my previous blog, Smart Boards are becoming more and more common in classrooms. They allow for teachers to present information in an efficient and effective way. Smart Boards can also incorporate digital storytelling because they allow for teacher to include pictures, videos, and music in the learning experience. Students can experience learning in a new and interesting way. These new technological improvements can also help to engage students, because they can make their own digital stories and easily present them in class.
Here is great information on digital storytelling and how it can be included in education to facilitate learning. A PDF file is available and it can be a great tool for teachers if they choose to teach through digital storytelling. On page in particular is informative because it discusses the "learning power of digital storytelling." There are also videos that teachers can look at to better prepare themselves and understand the effects of digital storytelling.
__________________________________________________________
This is my Digital Story. I used photos that I took from a few of my summer road trips to numerous National Parks in the West and Southwest.
Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.
I will use digital storytelling because it is a creative way to organize information. I think that in the teaching field, as in many other fields, information can often times get a little boring. Using digital storytelling can spice up a presentation and make it enjoyable. I am always interested to see what type of details are added to a presentation, and this can be in the form of pictures, videos, or even music. I feel that digital storytelling allows for all three of these to be incorporated to make information fun to watch and listen to.
No comments:
Post a Comment