During the 5th week of class, we learned how to use technological tools and apply them to our fields of study and professions. First off, we looked at Webspiration and were taught how to construct maps and organize our thoughts. This is definitely a useful tool, especially for outline making in order to write an essay. It is also good for organizing ideas, especially for people who are spacial learners. Going off of learning theories, we were also given information about the different learning theories. These include Behaviorism, Information Process Theroy, and Constructivism. These are further explained in the presentation, however, the main idea that I got from the video is that it is important to incorporate all different types of learning styles in order to reach all of your audience. Moreover, we looked at what Open Source Software is and what its benefits are. Open Source Software allows users to use the software and work the software in a way that benefits them. This is especially important in order for people to share information and collaborate. One such software is Wordle, which allows for easy organization.
I enjoyed looking over Wordle and its benefits for teachers and education. I definitely see many uses for Wordle once I become a teacher. I think that it is a great and creative way for students to organize their thoughts and their information. In today's technological world, it is important for education to keep up and I think that such fun resources, like Wordle and Webspiration, are necessary in order for students to stay engaged.
I looked up the following video on YouTube because I found Wordle very interesting and wanted to know more about using it. The video shows how to copy and paste the information that you want to incorporate and also how to play around with the settings, such as font, color, layout, to make the Wordle your own.
No comments:
Post a Comment