This week we read about copyright laws as well as fair use and other ethical issues. We read information on what exactly copyright laws are, what they are needed for, and why they are important. I learned that copyright laws are necessary in order for authors to protect their original ideas. It is important to give credit to the people who came up with the ideas. In order to use peoples' information and their ideas users need to read up on fair use rights so that they understand what information they can use and how.
For me it is important to understand copyright laws, fair use, and plagiarism because I need to be able to teach students that plagiarism is wrong and teach them the correct ways in which to use resources. If I do not understand the copyright rules then it is impossible for me to teach others. Also, the tools and resources that I will use in class have certain copyright laws that I need to be aware of when planning my lessons and using other people's ides.
I looked at a website that offers some general information about copyright laws and fair use for teachers. This website related directly to what we learned in class as well as to the occupation that I want to pursue.
No comments:
Post a Comment