We were introduced to visual literacy this week and the effects of images. Even though images have no words, they do say a lot. One example is the bathroom sign. The figures of the male and female are universal for bathroom and no matter where a person is and in what country a person is, he or she will always know that the lady in the skirt and the gentleman symbolize the female and male bathrooms. Images provide us with a lot of information without the actual words. It is actually pretty amazing the effect that images have on our society. We were then introduced to Photoshop. We started out first Photoshop project and were shown how to use some of the different features.
I believe that Photoshop is certainly important as far as creativity is concerned. I would like for my students to use all of their resources and I think that Photoshop is certainly a resources that allows for them to experiment. I think that Photoshop can also be used for a lot of class projects and it is a fun and exciting way to do assignments.
This video that I found on YouTube is great at explaining visual literacy and showing examples. It goes with what we learned in class about how images can be read into and interpreted. The video also explains in the end how it is important to teach children about visual literacy and reading these signs in order for proper growth and development.
No comments:
Post a Comment